Volunteering is a wonderful opportunity to give back and impact the lives of more than 450 people in your community with developmental disabilities. Whether you choose to participate with a group or individually, CEL has plenty of enjoyable and engaging opportunities for you to share your gifts and abilities.
The gift of your time and energy provides opportunities for hundreds of CEL members to learn new skills, connect to the community and have fun through meaningful experiences and relationships.
MEMBERS SERVED IN FY16
VOLUNTEERS IN FY16
HRS SERVED BY VOLUNTEERS IN FY16
Both individual and group volunteer opportunities are available! Build experiences in your life while investing in the well-being of others. Volunteering is a great way to connect with co-workers, family, friends and others. There is a wide range of activities available, from helping out at dances, to cleaning the building and vehicles, or sharing one of your passions with CEL members during programs, like planting flowers, golf and more!
- Program Volunteer: Join members in various social and recreational outings throughout the community and at CEL.
- Skills needed: willingness to have fun, participate and socialize with members
- Administrative Volunteer: Help out in the office with filing or other duties as needed.
- Skills needed: organizational and willingness to help out in various office projects
- Event Volunteer: Join staff during various fundraising events and dances throughout the year.
- Skills needed: various – volunteers have a variety of roles from helping at registration, set-up and break-down, photography, etc.
- Committee Volunteer: Make a difference by participating on one of our event committees. Put your experience and skills to work by helping us raise funds, get sponsors and create memorable events!
- Skills needed: various – fundraising, sales, finance, passion for mission and willingness to commit to the time length needed.
- Board of Directors: Share your expertise and ensure that CEL continues to grow and provide members with the opportunities to thrive.
- Skills needed: various – leadership skills, passion for mission, fundraising, sales, finance, etc.
Group volunteer activities are a great way to build community while connecting with co-workers, family, friends and other groups. Activities can range from helping out at dances, cleaning the building and vehicles or cooking for a Thanksgiving Dinner.
Share your professional experience and expertise to ensure that CEL continues to grow and thrive. We are looking for Board Members who have a passion for our mission, excellent leadership skills, and a willingness and ability to be an advocate and use your voice for CEL.
BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE
Monday, October 23, 2017
Monday, January 22, 2018
Monday, April 16, 2018
Monday, June 25, 2018
Meeting dates may change, so please contact us to confirm.
Saturday, September 23, 2018
8:30 – 11:30 AM
Make a difference by participating on one of our event committees! Put your experience and skills to work by raising funds, recruiting sponsors, keeping us in the black and other opportunities that bring community and board members alongside staff. We’re looking for passionate people with skills across a variety of areas, including but not limited to fundraising, sales, finance and more.
Our lives have greater meaning and purpose when we find how much we matter to each other – that’s community. Your generous and continuing support goes so far in building and strengthening that greater community for hundreds of people with developmental disabilities. Thank you for the gift of your time and talent; the difference it makes will be felt for years to come.
Center for Enriched Living